Re: [0/4] Proposal of SE-PostgreSQL patches - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From KaiGai Kohei
Subject Re: [0/4] Proposal of SE-PostgreSQL patches
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> The idea of input functions that alter system tables scares me.

An example: SELECT 'system_u:object_r:sepgsql_table_t:SystemHigh'::security_label;

can insert a new tuple into pg_security, but it is not a desirable behavior.

To fix this, I'll remove security_label type and define "security_context"
system column as a text type column, and translate the contents into
an internal identifical representation just before update or insert a tuple.

It enables to avoid to insert a temporary used (unnecessary) security context,
and enables to use various kind of text functions.

Please comment it, if you have anything.

Thanks,
--
OSS Platform Development Division, NEC
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>