Re: Keeping state in a foreign data wrapper - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stelios Sfakianakis
Subject Re: Keeping state in a foreign data wrapper
Date
List pgsql-general
Thank you Ian for the prompt reply! I will certainly have a look at pg_stat_statements

I also came across mysql_fdw (https://github.com/EnterpriseDB/mysql_fdw) that features a connection pool shared across queries. It uses a hash table with the serverid and userid as lookup key : https://github.com/EnterpriseDB/mysql_fdw/blob/REL-2_5_4/connection.c#L55 The hash table is allocated in the cache memory context but it worries me that 1) no locks are used, 2) the "ConnectionHash" variable is declared static so in the multi-process architecture of Postgres could have been the case that multiple copies of this exist when the shared library of mysql_fdw is loaded?

Best regards
Stelios