Re: accessing functions in the core - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Subject Re: accessing functions in the core
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Sushant Sinha wrote:

> I would like to create functions in the core and then access it.
> However, I do not know how to do it. Looks like all functions in the
> core are not accessible from outside. For example ts_headline_opt which
> is there in the core seems to be not present in pg_catalog.
> This is the query I used to test:

This is the wrong list to ask this kind of question. Try -general next time.
Indeed, the function name doesn't need to have the same name defined in
C code [1]. As you can see below, ts_headline_opt is called ts_headline
with 3 arguments.

euler=# select proname,prosrc,provolatile,pronargs from pg_proc where
proname ~ 'ts_headline';   proname   |        prosrc        | provolatile | pronargs
4ts_headline | ts_headline_byid     | i           |        3 ts_headline | ts_headline_opt      | s           |
3ts_headline | ts_headline          | s           |        2

(4 registros)

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/sql-createfunction.html

--   Euler Taveira de Oliveira  http://www.timbira.com/