Re: Symbolic Links to Tablespaces - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Symbolic Links to Tablespaces
Date
List pgsql-performance
Campbell, Lance wrote:
> Once I have assigned tables and indexes to a particular tablespace that
> points to a particular location on disk is there a simple way to move
> the files to a new location?
>
> Example:
> Table xyz is using tablespace xyz_tbl which is located at
> /somedir/xyz_tbl on the disk.  If I want to move it to a new disk
> located at /someotherdir/xyz_tbl/ how can I do that easily?

Shut down the database server, replace the symbolic link in
data/pg_tblspc to the new location, and start the server again. The
location is also stored in pg_tablespace catalog; you'll need to fix it
with "UPDATE pg_tablespace SET spclocation ='/someotherdir/xyz_tbl'
WHERE spcname='xyz_tbl'", or pg_dumpall will still show the old location.

--
   Heikki Linnakangas