Isolating a record column from a PL-Pgsql function call ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gauthier, Dave
Subject Isolating a record column from a PL-Pgsql function call ?
Date
Re: Isolating a record column from a PL-Pgsql function call ?
Re: Isolating a record column from a PL-Pgsql function call ?
List pgsql-general

Hi:

I have a PL-Pgsql function that returns a record of a type that have 4 elements (columns).  Let’s say the first element/column is called “id_num”.  Is there a way I can specify the id_num element of the record returned from iside a query?

For example, select col1 from thetable where my_plpgsql_fn(col2).id_num = 123;

(my_plpgsql_fn is the function call, id_num is the columns I want returned).

Thanks

-dave