Re: bloated heapam.h - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zdenek Kotala
Subject Re: bloated heapam.h
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera napsal(a):

> Others are more conflictive.  For example syncscan.c is keeping the
> prototypes for its own functions on heapam.h.  Also pruneheap.c and
> rewriteheap.c.  As a result, not only themselves need to include
> heapam.h (without any other need for it), but they force some other
> files into including heapam.h to get their prototypes.  I think this is
> a mistake; I propose splitting those prototypes to their own files, and
> #including those as appropriate.
>
> Objections?

I have similar thing in my TODO list. See my patch from March commit fest and
discussion. I need solve two main issues - remove postgres.h from binaries and
keep history of structures (for pg_upgrade project).

My idea is split structures and functions in separate header files.
    Zdenek

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2007-10/msg00197.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2008-04/msg00149.php