Re: Verified fix for Bug 4137 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Verified fix for Bug 4137
Date
List pgsql-patches
Simon Riggs wrote:
>       if (restartWALFileName)
>       {
> +         /*
> +          * Don't do cleanup if the restartWALFileName provided
> +          * is later than the xlog file requested. This is an error
> +          * and we must not remove these files from archive.
> +          * This shouldn't happen, but better safe than sorry.
> +          */
> +         if (strcmp(restartWALFileName, nextWALFileName) > 0)
> +             return false;
> +
>           strcpy(exclusiveCleanupFileName, restartWALFileName);
>           return true;
>       }

I committed this sanity check into pg_standy, though it really shouldn't
happen, but it just occurred to me that the most likely reason for that
to happen is probably that the user has screwed up his restore_command
line, mixing up the  %p and %r arguments. Should we make that an error
instead of just not doing the cleanup?

--
   Heikki Linnakangas