Re: Grant RULE removed in pg 8.2 - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Erwin Brandstetter
Subject Re: Grant RULE removed in pg 8.2
Date
List pgadmin-support
dpage@pgadmin.org wrote:
> Fixed it is. Pleased you'll be.

Patience you shall need, master Dave!
Testing pgAdmin v.1.9.0-Dev (May 2 2008), rev: 7245:7266M, on WinXP;
host: pg 8.2.7 and 8.3.1 on Debian Etch.

The "Privileges" dialog seems fixed. But the reverse engineered SQL doesn't:
If I say:   GRANT ALL ON TABLE test TO dummy;
then SQL pane says:   GRANT ALL ON TABLE test TO dummy;

But if I say:   GRANT ALL ON TABLE v_test TO dummy;      -- v_test being a VIEW
then SQL pane says:   GRANT SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT, DELETE, REFERENCES, TRIGGER ON TABLE
v_test TO dummy;

The latter should read the same as the former.

Regards
Erwin