Re: Quoting " - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Quoting "
Date
List pgsql-general
Andy Anderson wrote:
> In a test I just did, the sequence \" (backslash double-quote) is
> interpreted as just a " inside of the E'...' string constant expression.
> This is great, since PHP's addslashes() sticks them in along with the
> other stuff I really need to quote like ' and \. But I see that \" isn't
> documented in the manual in section 4.1.2.1. I assume this is, in fact,
> standard behavior for Postgres? (Perhaps a comprehensive table might be
> a good idea at this point in the manual.)

craig=# SELECT E'\z\v\k\-';
  ?column?
  zvk-
(1 row)

 From 4.1.2.1:

... "Any other character following a backslash is taken literally."

I didn't see any escape sequences being interpreted other than those
that're already documented in the section of 4.1.2.1 that describes E''
strings.

--
Craig Ringer