Re: Regression test fails when BLCKSZ is 1kB - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zdenek Kotala
Subject Re: Regression test fails when BLCKSZ is 1kB
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Martijn van Oosterhout napsal(a):
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 10:31:53AM +0200, Zdenek Kotala wrote:
>> When you are able detect ordering difference you are able also check if it
>> is important for the test or not without any extra effort. Only what we
>> need is put some flag to test that order is not important.
>
> Not true. Sorting the file is going jumble all the results together.
> Since we perform many tests in one file, you're not going to be able to
> seperate them.

Each statement result must be sort separately, otherwise it should hide
problems. For example one statement return A instead of B and second returns B
instead of A. When sort will be used on whole file then it will be reported as a
ordering problem.