Re: Regression test fails when BLCKSZ is 1kB - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zdenek Kotala
Subject Re: Regression test fails when BLCKSZ is 1kB
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane napsal(a):

> Another possible answer is to change the minimum to be just 64K always.
> I'm not certain that it's really sensible to tie the minimum work_mem to
> BLCKSZ --- I don't think we do anything where work_mem is controlling a
> pool of page buffers, do we?

Yeah, I try to find all usage and it seems everything is related to tuplestore,
Bitmap or Hash join. I think we can set 64K set limit without any problem.

By the way is any reason to have work_mem * 1024 "everywhere" when we have unit
support in GUC?

    Zdenek