Re: In the belly of the beast (MySQLCon) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Geoffrey
Subject Re: In the belly of the beast (MySQLCon)
Date
List pgsql-general
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 14:30:18 -0400
> Geoffrey <lists@serioustechnology.com> wrote:
>
>> I don't know that slony is the answer.  It was more of a question
>> then an answer.  We are hoping to use that solution to migrate from
>> 7.4.19 to 8.3.1.  The primary reason is to reduce downtime.
>
> Well :) That is why I asked the questions I did. It very well may be
> the answer. It might not. For example, what size is your database? How
> many transactions per hour are you doing?

We have 13 separate databases, not terribly large, my WAG would be that
our largest database might have 30 million rows.  I couldn't honestly
tell you how many trans/hour we are doing without doing a little research.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin