Re: How do I measure user disk usage on Postgresql table? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: How do I measure user disk usage on Postgresql table?
Date
List pgsql-general
Dave wrote:
> Lets say I have a Postgresql table where I store uploaded data for
> all users, identified by user_id column. Is it possible to run a
> query to measure the storage a user is consuming?

Not really. You could get the size of the whole table with
pg_relation_size() and then estimate a user's share by seeing what % of
rows have their user-id.

If it's the sort of thing you'll be checking constantly, then I'd keep a
summary table up-to-date using triggers instead.

Oh - if you're going to be asking questions regularly then you'll
probably get more answers if you have a valid email address.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd