Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Repair two places whereSIGTERM exit couldleave shared memory - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Repair two places whereSIGTERM exit couldleave shared memory
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

>>> They do clean up on abort or SIGTERM.
>>
>> Ah, we're OK then.
>
> Wait, my memory failed me! No, we don't clean up dangling files on
> SIGTERM. We should...

No, wait, we do after all. I was fooled by the new 8.3 behavior to leave
the files dangling until next checkpoint. The files are not cleaned up
immediately on SIGTERM, but they are at the next checkpoint.