strange dump problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Clemens Schwaighofer
Subject strange dump problem
Date
List pgsql-general
local system: 8.2.7
remote system: 8.2.5

problem:

I have a small database with some tables. one of the tables had no
primary key, but a column with a fitting sequence (was created with serial).

so I added a primary key to it and it is visible and working.

but, when I dump some of the tables (4, 1 generic thats get inherit, 3
normal ones), only the other two are dumped in a normal format:

display_oid integer not null,

create sequence ...

etc,

the one table where I added the primary afterwards gets dumped like this:

mobile_oid integer DEFAULT nextval('mobile_mobile_oid_seq'::regclass)
NOT NULL,

and no sequence is created, etc

when I try to import this into the remote system it failes and does not
want to create the one table, because it cannot find the sequence
'mobile_mobile_oid_seq'

the data was dumped with:

pg_dump -U postgres -c -f output.sql -t <table_1> -t ... database_name

is there any explenation why postgres would do that?

--
[ Clemens Schwaighofer                      -----=====:::::~ ]
[ IT Engineer/Manager, TEQUILA\ Japan IT Group               ]

Attachment