Re: possible ODBC bug with '-infinity' - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Richard Broersma Jr
Subject Re: possible ODBC bug with '-infinity'
Date
List pgsql-odbc
--- On Fri, 11/30/07, Greg Cocks <gcocks@stoller.com> wrote:

> Using a MS product? Is this *maybe* related to the same
> 'issue' with
> NULLs from PostgreSQL to MS products i.e., in the
> <postgresql.conf>
> file, turning 'transform_null_equals' to
> 'on'?
>
> Likely not, but thought I would put it out there...   :-)
> .. DEFAULT '-infinity', ...

I should probably clarify what I am seeing.

I have a table that has a time stamp field.  The timestamp fields have two special values in postgres:
  'infinity' which implies '+infinity'
  and '-infinity'

when I create a recordset of records that have the value 'infinity' in the timestamp field all is well.  The client
sidetimestamp displays '9999-12-31 .... '.
However, when I try to create a recordset that has field that contains the '-infinity' values I get an error message.

Regards,
Richard Broesma Jr.