Re: Too slow to create new schema and their tables, functions,triggers. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Too slow to create new schema and their tables, functions,triggers.
Date
List pgsql-general
On 7/25/19 3:16 PM, PegoraroF10 wrote:
> So, what should I tune on autovacuum ?
> My script was running strangely. Postgres log shows me the time spent to
> create functions. That happens when creating triggers and tables too.
> Sometimes it´s too fast and sometimes ...

I didn't realize there is too fast:)  More below.

> statement: create or replace function valoresdfe...     0 mins 1.135 secs
> statement: create or replace function dadosorigem...    0 mins 0.055 secs
> statement: CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION SONU...           0 mins 0.013 secs
> statement: create or replace function contatoscampa...    2 mins 13.492 secs
> statement: create or replace function FORMATARTELEF...  0 mins 0.013 secs
> statement: create or replace function ChecaVar          0 mins 0.012 secs
> statement: CREATE or replace FUNCTION criatrigge...     1 mins 16.42 secs

Are there other messages immediately(or close vicinity) before/after the
slow statements?

> So, is this a vacuum problem ? What do I need to configure it  ?

Configuration of autovacuum is done in postgresql.conf using these settings:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/runtime-config-autovacuum.html

You might want to send the settings you have to the list. Also the
setting for track_counts.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com