Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Implement a few changes to how shared libraries and dynamically - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Implement a few changes to how shared libraries and dynamically
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> petere@postgresql.org (Peter Eisentraut) writes:
>
>> Implement a few changes to how shared libraries and dynamically loadable
>> modules are built.
>>

> Seems this patch has broken all the Windows buildfarm animals ... is
> anybody on that?

Not all, only those that use the Makefile build system, i.e. MSVC is not
failing, but MinGW and Cygwin are.

Specifically, we are failing thus during initdb:

creating conversions ... FATAL:  could not access file "$libdir/ascii_and_mic": No such file or directory

I can't immediately see the cause, although presumably it's the changes in Makefile.shlib that have done it.

Maybe we need to set up a Windows machine or two somewhere so that committers can test out stuff like this ...

cheers

andrew