Re: Adding pipelining support to set returning functions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: Adding pipelining support to set returning functions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hannu Krosing wrote:
> A question to all pg hackers
>
> Is anybody working on adding pipelining to set returning functions.

Not as far as I know.

> How much effort would it take ?
>
> Where should I start digging ?

I don't remember all the details, but I think the original SRF patch
that I did was pipelined rather that materialized, and there were
difficult issues that led to going with the materialized version
"first", with a pipelined version to "eventually" follow.
SFRM_Materialize is for the former and SFRM_ValuePerCall was supposed to
be for the latter. The first thread was this one:  http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2002-04/msg01201.php

Joe