Re: mac ports question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shane Ambler
Subject Re: mac ports question
Date
List pgsql-general
Stephan Szabo wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Apr 2008, Tom Allison wrote:
>
>> If it doesn't remove the 8.2 then I guess I can migrate it.
>> But that requires that I still need to get 8.2 running.
>>

>> Right now it complains that it can't find a listening socket at /tmp/...
>> (localhost mode).  And I can't find the configuration files in this set-up.
>>
>> I do have this running:
>> /opt/local/bin/daemondo --label=postgresql82-server --start-cmd
>> /opt/local/etc/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.postgresql82-server/postgresql82-server.wrapper
>> start ; --stop-c
>>
>> But that doesn't actually mean anything to me other that I guess it's
>> trying to start.  And it's stuck somewhere.
>> And no logs.

/opt/local/etc/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.postgresql82-server/postgresql82-server.wrapper
should be your startup script (as in Apple's replacement for rc scripts)
and should contain your settings (as in datadir) if not a config file in
the dir with it or in /etc/rc.conf (I'm don't use macports so I'm not
sure how it config's)

If not search for a file called postgresql.conf or PG_VERSION you should
find several copies of PG_VERSION, one at the top of your data dir where
you will also find your postgresql.conf and the log files or log dir
with the log files depending on your conig. The other PG_VERSION files
will be inside each folder that has your table data.

Permission settings will mean that root (or the pg user) will be the
only ones able to see these files so you may need to find as root from
the terminal.

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL (at) Sheeky (dot) Biz