Re: Autograph Annoucement (ERD Tool) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Colin Fox
Subject Re: Autograph Annoucement (ERD Tool)
Date
List pgsql-general
brian wrote:
> Colin Fox wrote:
>> Hello everyone.
>>
>> There were a number of people asking about ERD tools here a while ago,
>> so I decided to publish one that I've put together.
>>
>> It's called Autograph, and you can find it on the pg foundry:
>>
>> http://pgfoundry.org/projects/autograph/
>>

> Cool! Nice to have a new option available. I'll definitely check it out.
>
>> Autograph is really just an XSL stylesheet, used in combination with
>> graphviz, xsltproc, convert and the downloadXml.py program from Scott
>> Kirkwood's xmltoddl package.
>>
>> The documentation page, including a couple of example diagrams, is here:
>>
>> http://pgfoundry.org/docman/view.php/1000360/4848/readme.html
>>

> From the example page:
>
> "I also wanted to make sure that there were "no dead crows" -- having
> the crows-feet right side up makes the diagram a lot more readable in
> my humble opinion."
>
> Um ... those arrows look backwards to me :-(

Actually, crows feet are supposed to look like... the feet of crows --
ie a three-line triangle at the bottom and the line rising from it. All
the connectors on that diagram follow this convention except for the
mickey-mouse ear on the comments table.

Regards,
  cf

Attachment