Re: Autograph Annoucement (ERD Tool) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Colin Fox
Subject Re: Autograph Annoucement (ERD Tool)
Date
List pgsql-general
Colin Wetherbee wrote:
> Colin Wetherbee wrote:
>> Colin Fox wrote:
>>> Autograph is really just an XSL stylesheet, used in combination with
>>> graphviz, xsltproc, convert and the downloadXml.py program from Scott
>>> Kirkwood's xmltoddl package.
>>
>> I'm familiar with graphviz and xsltproc, but what is convert?  Is
>> this Imagemagick's convert?
>
> NetPBM seems to work with it, if the convert line in diagrams/Makefile
> is changed to the following.
>
> @pstopnm -stdout $@ | pnmtopng > $(subst .ps,.png,$@)
>
> Don't forget the tab at the beginning.
>
> Right now, all I get are three 1175-byte PNG files with the words
> "Generated by Auto Graph" in them, though.
>
> I'll play around with it more later.
>
> Colin
I probably should change this from "requires convert" to "currently uses
convert to convert from PS to PNG, but you can use whatever you want, or
just leave them in PS if you like".

I'm converting from PS, by the way, because although I love graphviz's
diagramming capability, it's PNG output is "crappy" :).

Regards,
   cf

Attachment