Re: Role attribute for user email? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From korry
Subject Re: Role attribute for user email?
Date
List pgsql-general

Is there a way to create new attributes for a login role, like an "email
attribute"?

I have to keep a few informations on all the users that connect to the
PG server, and their attributes list looks like an elegant place to
store these informations. But I cannot find a way to add new
attributes... Is that possible?
You might consider using inheritance:

CREATE TABLE users(email TEXT) INHERITS(pg_authid);

But I'm not sure that will work on the pg_authid table. And it seems like you would have to insert/update manually instead of using the CREATE/ALTER ROLE commands.

          -- Korry

--
 Korry Douglas  <korryd@enterprisedb.com> EnterpriseDB    http://www.enterprisedb.com