Re: Planning a new server - help needed - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Planning a new server - help needed
Date
List pgsql-performance
Greg Smith wrote:

>> Gigabyte should revamp their i-RAM to use ECC RAM of a larger
>> capacity... and longer lasting battery backup...
>
> I saw a rumor somewhere that they were close to having a new version of
> that using DDR2 ready, which would make it pretty easy to have 8GB on
> there.

I'm hoping - probably in vain - that they'll also include a CF/SD slot
or some onboard flash so it can dump its contents to flash using the
battery backup.

For anybody wondering what the devices in question are, see:

http://www.anandtech.com/storage/showdoc.aspx?i=2480
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Storage/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2180

--
Craig Ringer