Re: Install Postgresql on Win2000 with Admin Rights - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Install Postgresql on Win2000 with Admin Rights
Date
List pgsql-general
Stefan Sturm wrote:
> Hello,
>

>> If you can do that, you obviously have admin rights, so why not just
>> use the MSI installer?
>
> When I try to run the Intaller, I get this Message: "The
> Systemadminitrator guidelines issued in order to prevent this
> installation".

Oh. So it's not actually admin rights, it's a group policy restriction.

>> That said, this often happens if you have an incorrect version of the
>> MSVC runtime on your system. See the README file in the download
>> directory.
>
> I can't istall the runtime, because I can't run the MSI installer. The
> same problem :-(
>
> So, I thnk, there is no chance to install prostgres here :-(

Sure you can, it's just harder to do when your domain admins are trying
to prevent you from doing it ;)

You could try installing the MSI of the runtime on a different machine,
then manually copy the files over to the one you need to run it on. It's
not really convenient, but you *are* trying to do something your admins
don't want you to do after all ;-)

//Magnus