Re: Function Returning SETOF RECORD: Trouble With Char Type - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Angus B. Atkins-Trimnell
Subject Re: Function Returning SETOF RECORD: Trouble With Char Type
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks a lot.  I missed your post when it first came up, but I just tried double-quoting the type indicator and it worked like a charm!

--Angus

Tom Lane wrote:
"Angus B. Atkins-Trimnell" <trimnell@uic.edu> writes:
I am having trouble with a function designed to return all column
constraints on a table.
I think the problem is that you're declaring the contype return column
as char (ie, character(1)) when pg_constraint.contype is actually "char"
(a historical PG datatype that's really just a single byte).  The naming
confusion is unfortunate but we've never bitten the bullet to rename
"char" to something else.

Use quotes, or explicitly cast the catalog column to regular char
in the function's query.
		regards, tom lane