Re: Fragments in tsearch2 headline - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Teodor Sigaev
Subject Re: Fragments in tsearch2 headline
Date
List pgsql-general
> Teodor, Oleg, do we want this?
>     http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2007-11/msg00508.php

I suppose, we want it. But there are a questions/issues:
- Is it needed to introduce new function? may be it will be better to add option
to existing headline function. I'd like to keep current layout: ts_headline
provides some common interface to headline generation. Finding and marking
fragments is deal of parser's headline method and generation of exact pieces of
text is made by ts_headline.
- Covers may be overlapped. So, overlapped fragments will be looked odd.

In any case, the patch was developed for contrib version of tsearch.
                                                    WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/