Re: Timestamp, epoch and a bit confusion - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Aurynn Shaw
Subject Re: Timestamp, epoch and a bit confusion
Date
List pgsql-sql
Valter Douglas Lisbôa Jr. wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> I working with postgreSQL for a couple of months, and now I trying to convert
> timestamp columns in epoch and epoch to timestamp columns. So far I could
> reach, all SQL I find by 'googling' returns an error.

SELECT extract (epoch from your_time_field) from your_table;
SELECT to_timestamp(your_epoch_field) from your_table;

> Where can I find some documentation with this convertions fo 8.2.x branch? I
> think the Manual on the main site is not very helpfull in this case!!! ;-(

And you can check out the docs @
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/functions-datetime.html#FUNCTIONS-DATETIME-EXTRACT

Hope that helps,
--
Aurynn Shaw

The PostgreSQL Company - Command Prompt, Inc. 1.503.667.4564 ext 103

ashaw@commandprompt.com