Re: migration of 7.4 to 8.1 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: migration of 7.4 to 8.1
Date
List pgsql-performance
sathiya psql wrote:
>> This might be a silly question, but ... why 8.1 ?
>>

> how it will be a silly question....
>
> I thought that some manual changes are required... so am asking this.... may
> be argument for functions had changed.. or any other changes...
There have been changes for sure... but I doubt going from 7.4 to 8.1 is
much harder than going from 7.4 to 8.3 . I'm developing a database that
started off in 8.1 just before 8.2 came out and is now running on 8.3 .
I didn't find changing versions a big hassle and noticed big
improvements between versions.

In any case, I was suggesting that *I* might've been asknig a silly
question by asking you why you wanted 8.1. You've covered that (you want
to use the version packaged in your distro) so that's easy enough.

--
Craig Ringer