Re: Database OID xxxxx now seems to belong to "foo" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Database OID xxxxx now seems to belong to "foo"
Date
List pgsql-general
Gauthier, Dave wrote:
> I tried vacuum pg_database, no luck.   I shut down and restarted the DB
> and it seems to have fixed the problem.  Still, not sure why it happened
> in the first place or how to prevent it in the future.

 > Trying (and failing) to attach to my DBs.  Getting...
 >
 > database "foo_standby" has disappeared form pg_database
 >
 > DETAIL: Database OID 2323523 now seems to belong to "foo"

Hmm - if a shutdown + restart fixed it, I'm wondering if it wasn't just
a long-lived connection remembering where 2323523 used to point to.
You've not got a connection pool between you and the db or some such?

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd