Re: I'm in need of something that should be there - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: I'm in need of something that should be there
Date
List pgsql-general
Ralph Smith wrote:
> So am I to assume that there is no way to query just what privs a
> user/role has on an object, anything, from a DB to an index?

Well, obviously you can see what permissions an object has - \dp from
psql. See the manual for details. Run psql with -E if you want to see
the SQL that's being run.

I don't know of a shortcut to see what's been granted/revoked from a
particular role. Hmm - given inheritence of permissions I'm not sure
that's be the most useful approach anyway.

If you want to test a particular privilege, you can use the system
functions of course.
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/functions-info.html#FUNCTIONS-INFO-ACCESS-TABLE

--
   Richard Huxton