Re: Terminal completion - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Terminal completion
Date
List pgsql-general
Emmanuel Quevillon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a basic question about pg client. I know it is possible to let pg
> complete the name of a table by pressing the arrow key.

It's the Tab key by default, which might be what you're referring to. I
can't remember what (if anything) French keyboards have on them.

 > But
> unfortunately I can't do it while I am connected to pg (8.2) from a
> gnome terminal.
> Also the history does not work for me when I press up arraow key.

If it works in your console but not Gnome, then it's worth checking what
  terminal it thinks it is - echo $TERM. Mine says "xterm". It's also
worth testing some other applications with readline support and see if
their history/completion

If it doesn't work in the console too, it's probably a problem with your
readline library.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd