Re: DTrace probe patch for OS X Leopard - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Robert Lor
Subject Re: DTrace probe patch for OS X Leopard
Date
Re: DTrace probe patch for OS X Leopard  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> I agree with Peter.  There are a whole lot of include files that are
> needed by way more than 3 .c files, and yet are not folded into
> postgres.h.  c.h is right out.

My concern is that when we start adding more probes (not just the
backend), we will have to add the following 5 lines in .c files that use
the Dtrace macros. This seems intrusive and messy to me instead of in a
centralized place like c.h. What are the disadvantages for keeping the
way it is now?

#ifdef ENABLE_DTRACE
#include "utils/probes.h"
#else