Re: Proposed patch to change TOAST compression strategy - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Teodor Sigaev
Subject Re: Proposed patch to change TOAST compression strategy
Date
List pgsql-patches
 > This proposed patch addresses some issues in TOAST compression strategy that
> I have not done any performance testing of these changes --- does
> anyone have specific test scenarios they'd like to try?

That's very important change for text search, because of tsvector storage.
Headline and rank reads a lot of tsvectors. It seems to me that ranking test
will be very clear: rank function reads whole tsvector and returns small amount
of data (just a number).

Another testing focus may be a lossy indexes, like a index over polygons.

                                                    WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/