Re: JDBC, prepared queries, and partitioning - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Oliver Jowett
Subject Re: JDBC, prepared queries, and partitioning
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Tom Lane wrote:
> Oliver Jowett <oliver@opencloud.com> writes:
>> Another possibility is to make the unnamed statement behaviour in the
>> server more aggressive.
>
> Upthread I suggested making that conditional on a GUC variable ...
> does that seem reasonable?

That would be fine.

> For instance JDBC would
> need to expose an API to calling applications

I'm not sure why JDBC would need to do this .. in the current driver,
unnamed statements are only used for a single query execution anyway, so
turning on the GUC unconditionally would seem to be the way to go.

-O