Re: BUG #3948: date/time functions returning wrong value - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: BUG #3948: date/time functions returning wrong value
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Jorge Campins wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I installed 8.2.6.2 and solved my problem. I set Windows time zone to
> "Caracas" and PostgreSQL "America/Caracas" and now they both give me the
> right time.
>
> WARNING: not only people in Venezuela but also people in Bolivia is
> affected by this problem. As you might recall, Windows used to have a
> single time zone for both countries, namely "Caracas/La Paz". If now you
> set Windows time zone to "La Paz", PostgreSQL 8.2.6.2 will use
> "America/Caracas" unless you specify something else in postgresql.conf.
> In this case, Windows has Bolivia's time and PostgreSQL has Venezuela's
> time. So people in Bolivia should also specify timezone in postgresql.conf.

Yeah, I've got an update that has some more timezones around here
available coming up, I think that's going to help it. But always - the
pg database of timezones is a lot more extensive than the Windows one,
so it's always a good idea to check it out.

//Magnus