Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 development plan - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 development plan
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Gregory Stark escribió:
>
>> For what it's worth I think GIT is a better fit for our needs.
>
> Perhaps it would be, if it worked on Windows ... Not that I care, but I
> bet Magnus would.

To summarize what I care about: I don't really care if I can't *commit*
from Windows - I never do that anyway, for fear of breaking line
endings. I do care, and a lot, if I can't pull down latest-and-greatest
HEAD revision without risk of getting something that's not correct.
Which means that if there is a gateway to something that works well,
that is *stable and capable of being up to date*, I can live with that.
(for example, doing a dump like the current svn mirror does which lags
behind a lot, would be something I'd absolutely object to)

//Magnus