Re: 8.3 synchronous_commit - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Hannes Dorbath
Subject Re: 8.3 synchronous_commit
Date
List pgsql-performance
Greg Smith wrote:
> Try something more in the range of 4 clients/CPU and set the scale to
> closer to twice that (so with a dual-core system you might do 8 clients
> and a scale of 16).  If you really want to simulate a large number of
> clients, do that on another system and connect to the server remotely.

With 4 clients and scale 10 I get 246 TPS for synchronous_commit
disabled and 634 TPS for synchronous_commit enabled. So the effect just
got even stronger. That was for CFQ.

For deadline they are now pretty close, but synchronous_commit disabled
is still slower. 690 to 727.

Values are AVG from 3 runs each. DROP/CREATE DATABASE and CHECKPOINT;
before each run.

--
Best regards,
Hannes Dorbath