Re: developer.com: PostgreSQL is the "Database of the year" - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Shane Ambler
Subject Re: developer.com: PostgreSQL is the "Database of the year"
Date
List pgsql-advocacy

Robert Treat wrote:

> 4) Drop a note to our press-friendlies about the occurance,
> positioned something like "on the eve of releasing PostgreSQL 8.3,
> the database has nabbed yet another award" (this could be similar
> working to the mini-release for announce).

I liked the idea of having it in the press release but if not, getting
the press to mention it as the introduction to the release is a good idea.

Instead of the headline "PostgreSQL releases new version" it could be
"Database of the year releases new version" which I think could get more
readers.

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL (at) Sheeky (dot) Biz