Re: Sun buys MySQL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Sun buys MySQL
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Ron Peterson wrote:
> 2008-01-16_23:17:33-0500 "Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>:

> My point was that MySQL could be an acquisition target because they have
> a clearly defined organizational structure; and that they are much more
> valuable to Sun as an acquisition than as a charity case.

Agreed.

> Lacking any
> formal structure, it's difficult to surmise how something similar could
> ever happen to PostgreSQL.  It seems to me that situation is at least
> worth examining from time to time.

Do not agree. The main body of the community all agree that the "code"
is best left without a formal body. If a company wants to buy into
PostgreSQL they are going to have to do it the old fashion way, earn it.

(code contribution, lots of contributors, lots of contributors, being a
good community member, sucking it up when they are wrong)

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake