Re: How to test/read a stored procedure that returns a boolean? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Kevin Jenkins
Subject Re: How to test/read a stored procedure that returns a boolean?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Thanks Tom!

Also, how do I check if a language is already created so I don't load
it twice?

"ERROR: language "plpgsql" already exists
SQL state: 42710"

Here is the code fixed.

/*
CREATE LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' HANDLER plpgsql_call_handler                         LANCOMPILER 'PL/pgSQL';

CREATE TABLE handles (
handleID_pk serial PRIMARY KEY UNIQUE NOT NULL,
userID_fk integer UNIQUE NOT NULL,
handle text UNIQUE NOT NULL);

CREATE TABLE disallowedHandles (
handle text UNIQUE NOT NULL);
*/

create or replace function IsUsedHandle(h text) returns boolean as $$
declarenum_matches integer;
beginnum_matches := COUNT(*) from handles where handles.handle = h;return num_matches > 0;
end;
$$ LANGUAGE plpgsql;

-- INSERT INTO handles (handle, userid_fk) VALUES ('blah', 0);

select * from IsUsedHandle('blah');