Re: obtaining the query string inside a trigger - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: obtaining the query string inside a trigger
Date
List pgsql-sql
Gerardo Herzig wrote:
> Hi all. Im working on a "on each statement" update trigger, so NEW and
> OLD are NULL.
> Suppose a simple query like 'update mytable set id=id+500 where id <
> 50'...There is a way to obtaining the 'set id=..' and the where clause
> in some way?

Afraid not. It might be possible to implement in the simple case, but
what with views rewriting queries and triggers issuing their own
secondary queries it's not always obvious what "the" query would be.

What we really need is NEW and OLD as sets of affected rows in
statement-queries. Unfortunately that's not implemented yet either -
it's on the TODO I believe though.

--   Richard Huxton  Archonet Ltd