Re: Ordering behavior for aggregates - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ronan Dunklau
Subject Re: Ordering behavior for aggregates
Date
Re: Ordering behavior for aggregates  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Le mardi 13 décembre 2022, 16:13:34 CET Tom Lane a écrit :
> Accordingly, I find nothing at all attractive in this proposal.
> I think the main thing it'd accomplish is to drive users back to
> the bad old days of ordering-by-subquery, if they have a requirement
> we failed to account for.

I think the ability to mark certain aggregates as being able to completely
ignore the ordering because they produce exactly the same results is still a
useful optimization.

--
Ronan Dunklau