Re: odd convert_from bug - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: odd convert_from bug
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
>>
>>> The case below has just been reported to me. It sure looks odd. I'm
>>> looking into it but any ideas would be welcome. The problem only
>>> occurs if we are updating more than one row.
>>>

>> Pfree'ing something you didn't palloc is bad news...
>>

> Ah, yes, thanks, looks like I was a little too eager on the C&P. I see
> you have fixed it.

BTW, if calling pfree() at all here is actually a bug, then we should
probably fix it in the back branches. It looks more to me like the
problem was that pg_convert_from was calling pfree() with the wrong
argument - src_encoding_name instead of dest_encoding_name. But maybe
the pfree in the back branches is unnecessary but harmless.

cheers

andrew