big database performance - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Adrian Moisey
Subject big database performance
Date
Re: big database performance
Re: big database performance
List pgsql-performance
Hi

We recently converted to postgres (from mssql) and we're having
performance issues.  Not all the issues are related to postgres, but
we're trying to sort everything out.

The server is running ubuntu Gutsy with the database stored on a IBM
SAN.  It is a Dell box with dual quad core 2.00GHz Xeons and 8GB RAM.

The database is about 71GB in size.

I've looked at the postgres config files and we've tweaked as much as
our knowledge allows.

Can someone shed some light on the settings I should use ?

Thanks in advance
--
Adrian Moisey
System Administrator | CareerJunction | Your Future Starts Here.