Re: ERROR: translation failed from server encoding to wchar_t - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: ERROR: translation failed from server encoding to wchar_t
Date
List pgsql-hackers

ilanco@gmail.com wrote:
>     NEW.idxFTI := to_tsvector('simple', encode($x$E$x$||
> NEW.messageblk, 'escape'));

I strongly doubt that this does what you think it does - I would check
the results if I were you. The $x$E$x$ should almost certainly not be
there - if you are trying to get E'foo' behaviour, that is purely for
literals. All you are doing here is to prepend a literal 'E' to your value.

cheers

andrew