Re: pg_ls_tmpdir() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bossart, Nathan
Subject Re: pg_ls_tmpdir()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 10/2/18, 7:22 AM, "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 10/02/2018 08:00 AM, Laurenz Albe wrote:
>> Christoph Berg wrote:
>>> Re: Bossart, Nathan 2018-10-01 <69FD7E51-2B13-41FD-9438-17395C73F5BF@amazon.com>
>>> You could make that one argument have a DEFAULT value that makes it
>>> act on pg_default.
>> I looked at that, and I don't think you can add a DEFAULT for
>> system functions installed during bootstrap.
>> At least I failed in the attempt.
>

> See the bottom of src/backend/catalog/system_views.sql starting around
> line 1010.

AFAICT the cleanest way to do this in system_views.sql is to hard-code
the pg_default tablespace OID in the DEFAULT expression.  So, it might
be best to use the two function approach if we want pg_ls_tmpdir() to
default to the pg_default tablespace.

Nathan