Missing fields in getColumns() result - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Christian Schröder
Subject Missing fields in getColumns() result
Date
Re: Missing fields in getColumns() result  (Christian Schröder <cs@deriva.de>)
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi list,
I have just found out that the ResultSet that is returned by the
getColumns() method of a DatabaseMetaData object does only contain the
fields from the JDBC 2 (pre JDK 1.4) spec, even if I use the JDBC 3
driver. The missing fields are "SCOPE_CATLOG", "SCOPE_SCHEMA",
"SCOPE_TABLE" and "SOURCE_DATA_TYPE".
I have had a look at the source code of the driver, and the problem
seems to be that the "getColumns()" method is not redefined in
AbstractJdbc3DatabaseMetaData. The method from
AbstractJdbc2DatabaseMetaData is compliant with the JDBC 2 spec which
did not contain the additional fields.
Is this a known bug? I could not find anything about it on the driver
homepage. (By the way, how can I search the mailing list archive for the
term "SOURCE_DATA_TYPE"? The underscores seem to be ignored so I get
each posting which contains the three terms "source", "data" and "type" ...)

Regards,
    Christian

--
Deriva GmbH                         Tel.: +49 551 489500-42
Financial IT and Consulting         Fax:  +49 551 489500-91

Deriva CA Certificate: http://www.deriva.de/deriva-ca.cer