Re: Proposed patch for contrib/cube - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Proposed patch for contrib/cube
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Joshua Reich <josh@root.net> writes:
> ... build a cube by specifying 2 arrays, one for the UR
> coordinate, one for LL.
> I hope people find this useful, and if so, we can add it to contrib/cube.

Seems useful, but it needs work: it will fail on toasted arrays or
arrays containing nulls.  I'd suggest converting it to V1 call protocol
too, as the V1 GETARG macros are the easiest answer to the toasting
problem.  Null array elements are a new issue in CVS HEAD, you'd need
to test against HEAD for that.

As a matter of style, would it be better to error out if the arrays
are not the same length?