Re: Slow query after upgrades - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Oliver Jowett
Subject Re: Slow query after upgrades
Date
Re: Slow query after upgrades  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-jdbc
Tom Duffey wrote:

> This makes a huge difference, thanks.  However, is there anything I can
> do to help improve the performance of that query when using a newer
> protocol?

We need to work out what is going wrong under the newer protocol first,
which unfortunately can be a bit tricky because psql doesn't use the
query protocol in the same way as the JDBC driver.

Can you write a little JDBC app that runs the query with EXPLAIN
ANALYZE, setting parameters in the same way that your real app does, and
dump out the resultset it gets back? (which should be the EXPLAIN
results rather than the real data, IIRC)

-O